If you have a pool or are planning to have a pool, you might want to consider giving it a little more pop to take it from functional, to amazing! Yes, it may cost a little more , but hey, for the most part all of these are only a one-time cost and you will enjoy all the luxury of having a spectacular pool for years to come.
- Consider landscaping the surroundings of your pool. If there are extra spaces just around your swimming pool, have it filled with smooth grasses and other foliage that is not too overpowering on its own, but adds to the overall beauty of the pool.
- Add some lighting for a nice effect during the night. Planning for a night swim in the pool will not only be safer but also feel a little more magical when the water is illuminated from below.
- Choose a unique pool shape. Be creative not only within the surroundings of your pool but also within the pool itself. You can find a shape of pool that fits your space or that will form different familiar outline. This will look more impressive than just a standard rectangle.
- If your budget and space permits, add a Jacuzzi. Why not make your pool grander just like those you see in high class hotels and well known resorts. Adding a Jacuzzi will give you an option to have a long swim or simply relax on a small and comfortable Jacuzzi. This will also entice friends to have a pool party for a small group on the Jacuzzi or a much larger party in the swimming pool.
- Pools need not to stay outside your houses. If you have enough space inside your house, try adding an indoor pool. Indoor pools offer the same benefits of the outside pool (minus the sun, of course) but gives you more privacy. You can enjoy swimming anytime of the day, in any kind of weather and at any time of the year.
- Add an island. If you have a bigger pool, you can add a small island with some plants and trees. This will give a strong immediate impression to your pool and will help to keep it from feeling TOO big.