Breakfast rooms provide a wonderful space to spend the early morning hours reading your newspaper while having some freshly made pancakes and a hot cup of coffee. Though an isolated morning retreat is lovely, having a breakfast room does not actually require an entirely separate room. All it requires is a lovely table setting, a comfortable chair, and that perfect spot where you can take pleasure in the warmth of the early morning sunlight, whether that be in a separate room or in the corner of your kitchen.
To create a beautiful breakfast room, here are a few ideas:
- Find the perfect spot in your house where you would love having breakfast each morning. It can be inside your kitchen, so your family can enjoy hot pancakes as you make them, or you can even create a special breakfast nook near your television, so you can watch the early morning news while sipping your coffee.
- Make room for more people. Even if you will be the only person using the breakfast room most of the time, include additional chairs around the breakfast table, so your spouse and children can join you on occasion. Adding seat pillows to your chairs will make them even more comfortable.
- Don’t forget the table setting. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it would be even better if you could enjoy it while looking at beautiful fresh flowers placed on your table. If fresh flowers aren’t available, small potted plants are also very nice. They add life to the room and will put you in a good mood as you start your day.
- Select a theme for your breakfast room. Do you want to do white on white, or would you prefer a colorful breakfast area? Are you leaning toward a modern style breakfast room, or would a Mediterranean-inspired look be better? Choosing a theme will help you select the appropriate essentials for your breakfast area, such as a table and chairs, placemats, dishes and creamer sets, etc.
- Include an area to keep the things you need for breakfast. If it’s part of your morning routine to watch news in the morning, mount your TV on the wall in front of your breakfast bar. If you enjoy reading while sipping your coffee, have a magazine rack near your breakfast table, so you can easily choose a magazine to read.
- Decorate. Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it helps to create extra incentive to be sure you eat it each day. Once you set up a well-decorated and comfortable breakfast area, waking up earlier to sit down and eat your morning meal will be more of a pleasure than a burden. Breezy curtains, an area rug, wall ornaments, and a lovely chandelier will all help to enhance the overall feel of the room.