Who say’s cleaning is the woman’s job? In the past, household cleaning was associated with women because it was the norm that they stayed home during the days to be with the children and do such work. Now, however, there are many households that are the complete opposite, and the woman works to earn a living, while the man stays home with the children and household chores. Or, maybe both people work, and they divide the cleaning duties so they do not fall on any one person.
Regardless of the scenario, if you are a man who has the responsibility of cleaning the house, here are six cleaning tips to follow:
- Have a clear plan of action. When do you need to start? What will take the longest time to accomplish? What can be left turned on while you do other tasks? Knowing these details will enable you to create a list prioritizing what you should do first and what can wait until later. By organizing your to-do’s and plan of attack, you will have the foresight to turn on the dishwasher or washing machine while you sweep the floor.
- Make it a race. Men love a challenge so why not make cleaning a challenge too? Go to a room and set the time to fifteen minutes. Make sure you actually clean the room within fifteen minutes and do the same in every other area of the house. By giving yourself a time limit, you will move faster.
- Pick up clutter and put items back where they belong. Even something as simple as picking up a scattered item off the floor is cleaning.
- Gather all your supplies and carry them with you wherever you need to clean. Have a box ready with items like detergents, a duster, wet rugs, clean rugs, water spray, etc. Carrying all your supplies with you will prevent you from having to waste time to go back and forth to get things.
- Make it a habit to clean as you go. This does not mean you have to sweep the floor or dust every time you leave a room. In fact, cleaning too much can actually be unhealthy. But, by putting things away after you use them and removing clutter, if will be easier to find things when you need them again, and it will also decrease the amount of time you have to spend on regular cleaning.
- Listen to music while you clean. This will energize you while you sweep or mop, and you can also have fun and sing to your heart’s content.