When the weather turns cold outside, we like to take shelter in the comforts of our own home and escape the freezing temperatures. The problem is that pests like to take shelter in your home as well and scavenge for food that you may leave behind. As much as you would like to maintain the cleanliness of our home, when this happens, there can be lots of messes to clean up.
So, to help you get rid of pests when winter comes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Seal all entry points. If there is nowhere to enter your home, then the pests will have to go somewhere else. Entry points are areas that allow them to easily access your house, so seal up cracks, crevices, and gaps that you find in your house.
- Check your firewood before bringing it inside. You may never know what’s hiding within your wood that could come out and scatter inside your house. Before you store wood near your fireplace, check for ants and cockroaches.
- Clean your gutters and waterspouts. Dirt accumulated in these areas can serve as a good habitat for pests. So, while you still have the time to clean up these areas, do it.
- Keep your trash cans out. If you need to put a trash can inside your house, make sure to throw leftover foods outside rather than in your indoor trash. Empty your indoor trash can regularly. This will prevent pests from being attracted to potential food sources.
- Keep everything clean. Keep everything sanitized inside the house