Walking into a dirty and messy laundry room can easily discourage you and make you less likely to do the laundry. It is often hard to work in a small space, and it is even more difficult if the place is grimy and unorganized. The best thing to do is to always keep the laundry room clean, so doing the laundry will be a more pleasant experience.
Fortunately, keeping the laundry room clean may not be as hard as you think. All you need to do is keep up with the mess and clean it up as soon as you can, so it won’t accumulate and cause a bigger mess for you. Below are other helpful tips on how you can maintain the cleanliness in your laundry room:
- Add proper storage. You need to add storage to keep your laundry agents away from your linens, old clothes, and children’s reach. Add storage for your detergents, bleach, and softeners. Make sure that these items are located higher up, so they cannot be easily reached kids. In addition, it will also keep things more organized for you.
- Create zones inside the laundry room. Oftentimes, we use our laundry room for doing the laundry, ironing clothes, folding clothes, and sometimes even sewing. You can reduce clutter and keep things less messy if everything is placed in its proper zone. Keep things within their area such as your flat iron, your sewing needles and your cleaning agents.
- Organize your laundry system. Bring in only loads of clothes you can wash for the day. Then, make sure to wash them and dry them the same day, so you can put them in their proper places to be used.
- Take time each week to clean the place up. You cannot avoid dust, dirt, and mold in your laundry room. But, if you let them be, these will easily accumulate and cause a bigger problem for you. Take time each week to clean up the entire laundry room, so you can start brand new each time with a spic-and-span laundry area.
- Wipe as you go. Before you head out of the laundry room, take a few minutes to wipe the countertops and laundry appliances. This will keep everything in tip-top shape.
- Add a trash can inside your laundry room. If you have a trash can inside your laundry room, you will have more reasons to keep everything clean and fewer reasons to postpone it.