Junk mail, food scraps, old newspapers, used containers – these are all common types of waste that we see on a regular basis at home. Not only is having trash lying around a huge eyesore, but it also adds clutter to your home. So, how do you reduce waste inside your house?
Here are a few tips you can follow:
- Use old shopping bags when you buy groceries and go to the market. Instead of utilizing new plastic bags from the grocery store, recycle old ones. This will reduce the amount of clutter in your kitchen and is also better for the environment.
- Use cloth towels and rags that you can wash and reuse instead of paper towels. Paper can only be used for cleaning once, whereas rags and towels can be washed and used again. Not only will it reduce the amount of garbage at home, but it will also save you money by not constantly having to buy paper towels.
- Buy products with reusable containers instead of ones that must be thrown away. Find good use for these containers like storing leftovers or creating a pot for your new plants.
- Use eStatements instead of paper billing. This way, you can reduce the paper pileup at home, while still remaining informed about your bills.
- Donate old clothes instead of throwing them away. Many people can still benefit from them. Use the same policy for other things as well. Other people will find something useful to do with it. Either have a garage sale or donate these items.
- Go paperless. If you normally write down bills for your monthly budget or create a grocery list, go paperless by listing them on your computer or mobile phone instead. It will help you eliminate the amount of trash you produce.