Garbage disposals are a luxury and added convenience for any home because they help dispose of food waste in a faster and easier way. If you have a garbage disposal at home, you most likely enjoy the benefits that it offers. However, when your garbage disposal doesn’t function well, it can cause a lot of hassle. It is best to identify possible problems as soon as possible, so you can have your garbage disposal fixed before it becomes too damaged.
Here are a few signs that your garbage disposal needs repair:
- A smelly disposal – Does your garbage disposal smell even after you run soapy water through it? If so, your garbage disposal may not be working properly. One of the causes of odors smell in your garbage disposal is when scraps of food are not completely chopped, which means that your disposal is not functioning well.
- Water is backing up – A major advantage of using a garbage disposal is to chop the food properly and help drain the water. However, if the water still backs up even after you turn on the disposal, it means that your garbage disposal needs repair.
- Making too much noise – It is normal for a garbage disposal to make a noise when it is grinding your food. However, a major concern is when it starts to make too much noise. Have it checked and repaired as soon as possible so you can continue using your disposal. Otherwise, it can easily get damaged when it is making too much noise.
- Not working – Is your garbage disposal not working when you turn it on? If so, then call a professional to fix it right away.
- Leaking at the bottom – If you notice a leak at the bottom of your garbage disposal, then there is probably a broken seal on your disposal. Have it checked with a professional and let them seal your disposal properly.