Door handles are more than just hardware to open and close your doors. This simple and small element also contributes to the overall look of your home’s interior and exterior. If you choose your door handle carefully, you can enhance the look of your interior while also adding curb appeal to your exterior.
There are many choices when it comes to door handles. Fortunately, door handles these days come in various colors and designs, so you are guaranteed to find something that fits what you’re looking for. You may want to choose bold colors to allow them to pop against your door or dark ones for dramatic appeal. If you want to incorporate something traditional or historical, an antique handle will likely be the best option.
So, to help you choose the perfect door handle, here are a few tips:
- Consider functionality. The primary concern of a door handle is that it functions well. Do you need knockers for your door? How about hinges and door plates? There are different types of door handles, such as door knobs and door levers. You need to choose which function will best suit your door.
- Choose the perfect style that fits your home theme. Having a door handle with a contemporary look may not be the best choice in a classic-themed home. However, if you have a sleek and minimalist house theme, it may be the perfect thing. Consider the overriding style of your home when choosing your door handle.
- Check the material of your door handle. Materials for your door handle must be a top priority, especially if you live near the ocean. Door handles need to be salt-resistant and made of durable material, so they will not easily get rusty.
- Keep your budget in mind. You may be surprised by how expensive some of the fancier door handles are. Having a budget in mind will help you avoid spending tons of money on a simple part of your home. Set a reasonable budget and stick to it.
- Take a look at its lock feature. Some door handles may have easy lock features while others will require a key to lock the door. Consider the location where you will install your door handle. For children’s bedrooms, a door that will not easily lock your child inside is ideal. However, a more reliable lock feature is important for the exterior doors of your house.