Archive for category Uncategorized
Lots of family fun and sports competitions await everyone in Oklahoma City this October. The annual Oklahoma Regatta Festival will soon kick off for five days in the Oklahoma City Boathouse District. The festival will run from Wednesday, October 2, to Sunday, October 6.
Started in 2004, the Oklahoma Regatta Festival offers various water sports activities ranging from rowing and kayaking to paddle boarding, canoeing, and dragon boating. Other activities include the 5K Oklahoma Regatta Run and Night Sprints.
Those who want to simply enjoy the festivities without participating in a competition will have plenty of options as well. There will be live music and dance productions to keep everyone entertained, as well as a kids adventure area. Kids can go on an adventure climb, ride the zip line, play with inflatables, or make sidewalk art.
There will also be an outdoor market, which will feature various local vendors, some of the city’s best restaurants, and a beer/wine garden. Sports enthusiasts can also enjoy front row seats for the racing games.
On Wednesday, October 2, the event will kick off with the annual blu VIP Party, which will be held at the Devon Boathouse from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m Tickets are $75, and the evening will include lots of food and entertainment.
We all look forward to the summer months, so we can enjoy vacations at the beach or lounging under a tree in our backyard. But, did you know that summer is also a great season for home renovation? If you want to upgrade your home, but were delayed due to the cold winter days and difficult weather, then summer is the perfect time for you. Summer months have longer days, which means you have more daylight hours to spend on fixing the garage or painting the outside of your house.
If you are planning for a home renovation this summer, here are a few great ideas:
- Build a deck or a small porch. Wouldn’t you enjoy passing a lovely afternoon under the cool shade? Or, perhaps a clear night outside, gazing at the stars? Having a deck in your garden or attached to your home can make that a reality. You can enjoy your time outside with friends or a good book in a comfortable way.
- Create a play area for the kids. You can install a small swimming pool for them to cool down and play in during the hot days or have a play station where they can jump, swing, or slide. A sandbox is also a great idea for toddlers who want to build their own castles. Summer is a much-awaited time for kids, so let them have a place of their own to enjoy it.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to your rooms. Painting is great activity to do during the summer because the paint dries faster.
- Construct an outdoor kitchen and dining area. It doesn’t have to be a big area…just enough room for a grill, food preparation, and a dining or picnic table for six. This offers you and your family a great alternative dining spot without spending much money.
- Repave your driveway. Hot days are ideal if you want to repave your driveway because there is no moisture to obstruct the setting and effectiveness of your new pavement.